RISESMART AT 32 MONTHS: BY THE NUMBERS
It's hard to believe it's been 32 months since we founded RiseSmart in February 2007. Both because the time has flown by, and because we've accomplished so much in such a short period with the help of our employees, investors, business partners -- and especially our customers. We recently put together a fact sheet in preparation for our participation at the HR Technology Conference & Expo in Chicago next week (Booth 131 -- come see us!), so I thought I'd share it here also:
RiseSmart Fact Sheet
- San Jose, Calif.-based RiseSmart is transforming the way companies provide outplacement services and individuals use the Web to find jobs.
- RiseSmart Transition Concierge, the company’s outplacement offering, was highlighted in an Aug. 20 Wall Street Journal story as a low-cost, high-tech alternative to traditional outplacement services.
- RiseSmart surveys of more than 300 workers in the spring and summer of 2009 gave Transition Concierge a 92 percent user satisfaction rate.
- An independent 2009 survey of 355 U.S. employers by the Institute for Corporate Productivity showed that the average employer paid more than $5,000 per executive or manager for three to six months of outplacement services – more than twice the cost of Transition Concierge.
- A 2008 survey by Kelton Research showed that online jobseekers who do not have the benefit of RiseSmart’s services are spending an enormous amount of time -- an average of 50 hours per month -- searching the Web for jobs.
- Founded in February 2007, RiseSmart has received $4.5 million in funding, including $3 million in Series A financing from Norwest Venture Partners (NVP) in 2008 and $1.5 million in seed funding across 2007.
- The company’s leadership team includes Sanjay Sathe, founder and CEO; Dan Davenport, vice president of operations and finance; and Hitesh Shah, vice president of engineering. Venkat Mohan, general partner of NVP, serves with Sathe on the company’s board of directors.
Thanks for reading the RiseSmart Blog -- and for following our progress.